- JOB: Category Management & Insights Team Leader
- LOCATION: Greater New York City Area
- REF: 32367
- CONTACT: Shannon Silsby
- TEL: 203-273-2323
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a dynamic global organization with a rich heritage and brilliant vision. They are looking for a Category Management & Insights Team Leader based in the New York Metro area who will play a critical role in building stronger relationships with customers through engaging shopper and category insights. This leader will collaborate regularly cross-functionally to create an insights-based customer and consumer strategy and reach business goals. They will lead the overall strategic category planning process for the company’s most valuable customers helping create strong competitive advantages with the goal to become their trusted advisor.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks
- Manages and develops a team of category and shopper insight managers
- Leads the creation and development of sharable shopper-centric insights leveraging a variety of loyalty databases, third parties, and other research projects.
- Leads strategic growth initiatives for the company in collaboration with VP of Growth and Strategy as well as global teams.
- Leads the development of category growth platforms by channel across all of the categories. Track our performance around a pre-defined set of KPIs.
- Supports Revenue Growth management team in developing a strategy by channel.
- Manages syndicated data source and other third-party tools and trains others on the use of these tools
- Partners with the sales and marketing teams in increasing shopper advocacy by identifying insights to help achieve our growth targets.
- Provides business support as needed for top customers
- Ensures regular updates to category and brand trends across all categories by providing insights into changing category landscape
- BA/BS Degree, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of category management experience of which three (3) must be in a leadership position
- 2-3 years of National Account Manager, Broker Manager, Customer Development Manager or Team Leader Roles
- Shopper data understanding
- Presentation skills
- Knowledgeable: customer, category & market
- Rich analytical skills
- Creative communication skills
- Personable, outgoing
- Strong collaborator