- JOB: Single Malt Whisky Specialist, West Region
- LOCATION: Greater Los Angeles Area
- REF: 32364
- CONTACT: Jenna Agata
- TEL: 203-654-1011
- EMAIL: email@example.com
OVERVIEW: Our client, a global Spirits company with some of the most awarded whiskeys in the world, is seeking a Single Malt Whisky Specialist, West Region based in California – ideally in the Greater Los Angeles area.
The Single Malt Specialist will be accountable for developing and managing relationships with a target list of high visibility on-premise and premium retail outlets, working with local field marketing team and Wholesalers to drive disproportionate distribution and volume growth for the Western Region –California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
This role will join a team that is seen as a ‘cut above’ those of competitors, responsible for building advocacy for the malt whisky brand portfolio amongst consumers & trade, and accelerating penetration within target high visibility on-premise and premium retail.
- Lead the malt brand portfolio in the region, delivering inspirational training and tastings on the brands – distributor, trade, and consumer-facing
- Develop and manage relationships with key accounts (both On and Off sales)
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with High Net Worth specialty whisky consumers and collectors in the region, whilst also establishing an emotional connection to the brands amongst the trade and consumers
- Ensure that distributors and key account staff are expertly trained and emotionally incentivized to promote the brands
- Work with local sales teams to secure listings in identified accounts and agree on promotional activities to drive visibility and activation
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with SUPER PREMIUM Wine & Spirits
- Previous experience as a luxury Wine & Spirits Brand Ambassador and working within the Alcohol Beverage sector in the US
- EXCEPTIONAL presentation (preferably having completed media training)
- A good understanding and/or passion for Malt Whisky